Spicy chicken salad with couscous. Spicy harissa-coated portions of chicken breast add some serious heft to this simple salad. Wholewheat couscous makes for a nice and nutty base while fresh mint and lemon juice cuts through the mixture. Season the chicken with the paprika, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
Serve the finished couscous topped with the cooked chicken. Drizzle with the spicy sour cream. Garnish with a few black olives per serving. You can cook Spicy chicken salad with couscous using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy chicken salad with couscous
- Prepare of Couscous.
- It’s 200 gr of Couscous.
- Prepare of Parsley.
- You need of Baharat spices.
- Prepare 2 of yellow paprikas.
- It’s Can of mais (140gr or 150gr).
- Prepare of Salad.
- Prepare of Iceberg lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of Cumcumber.
- It’s 1 of Shallot.
- It’s of Sweet chili sauce.
- Prepare of Lemon juice.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Chicken.
- Prepare 300 gr of chicken.
- Prepare of Harissa.
- You need 1 pc of Garlic.
- You need of Other.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of (optional) Pumpkin seeds.
Fluff the couscous with a fork. To make the chicken, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Cook the chicken in a hot frying pan until golden brown and cooked through. Serve the couscous salad with the Moroccan chicken.
Spicy chicken salad with couscous instructions
- Set everything up.
- Cut the paprikas in pieces and put the couscous in a large enough bowl..
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and pour 200gr of boiled salted water in the bowl of couscous. Let it rest for 3 mins so that the couscous gets soaked with the water. Then use a fork to loosen the couscous up..
- Pour some olive oil in a skillet and add the couscous in a skillet when hot enough. Add some parsley and baharat spices in it. Stir it so that the spices and couscous are mixed good. Then add the paprika and mais. Let it cook for a bit and stir regularly..
- Next up is the cumcumber… Take off the skin and scrape the cumcumber in small slices. Put some salt on it and mix it with some chilli sauce and add a small amount of lemon juice in it. After that is done… Add the iceberg lettuce and couscous to it. Then cut the shallot in small pieces and put that in. Cut the red pepper in half and take the seeds out. Cut it then in small pieces and add it to the mix..
- The final step is the chicken… First put 2tbsp of harissa in you cup and press one piece of garlic in it and 1tbsp of olive oil. Stir it and then smear it on the chicken. Then it is ready for the grill..
- After grilling it, it is time to setup the plate and… Bon appetit!.
- (Optional) Garnish the dish with some pumpkin seeds..
Stir in couscous and remove from heat. Add cooked couscous, cooked vegetables and cooked chicken into a large bowl; mix well. Serve warm or chill and serve as a salad. Tip Salad's aren't just for Summer, roast up your favorite winter vegetables in this versatile winter couscous salad made with roasted onion, pumpkin, sweet potato, sautéed spinach and pomegranate. A quick and easy salad that teams well with chicken, lamb and tofu.