How to Prepare Appetizing Classic Coffee Cake with 680x482 Resolution
Classic Coffee Cake.
You can have Classic Coffee Cake using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Coffee Cake
- It’s of Coffee Sponge Cake.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- You need 150 g of butter (softened).
- You need 1 cup of + 1 tbs self-raising flour.
- Prepare 3 tbs of coffee essence.
- It’s of Coffee Buttercream.
- Prepare 1.5 cup of powdered sugar.
- It’s 110 g of softened butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coffee essence.
- It’s of Coffee glacé top icing.
- You need 2/3 cup of icing sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of coffee essence.
- Prepare 25 ml of boiling water.
Classic Coffee Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Using an electric whisk, cream the butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- On a low speed mix in half the eggs and half the flour.
- Add in the coffee essence.
- Add in the remaining eggs and flour.
- Spoon the cake mix into the tin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Make the buttercream by combining the listed ingredients using a mixer.
- Halve the cake to make a “sandwich”.
- Spread the buttercream inside the sandwich.
- Make the coffee glacé icing by mixing icing sugar with coffee essence, then gradually stir in the boiled water to a thick pouring consistency.
- Pour the icing slowly over the center of the cake and spread gently.
- Decorate with cocoa coffee beans (optional).
DISCLAIMER: This image is provided only for personal use. If you found any images copyrighted to yours, please contact us and we will remove it. We don't intend to display any copyright protected images.